Saturday 15 August 2015

Wool braids



It was about 2 weeks ago that I decided to get wool braids.
I first saw them on my friend from Nigeria and thought they looked so cool on her that I really wanted to give it a try myself. Of course, since this is a typical ‘afro’-hairstyle I wasn’t sure whether it would suit me because I’m so pale but now I definitely don’t regret making that choice!
I think they look really cool on me and I SO don’t regret getting them – although the actual process of braiding them into my hair took them 7 hours, yes, 7 !!
(I don’t even wanna think of the removal process, although one of the women who braided my hair said it isn’t that time intensive)
It was a bit of a torture but since it ended up looking so rad I have no regrets, some people even asked me to take photos with them, bet they thought I was famous euheuheuheu….:P
The kind of wool-strigns they used to braid are made out of cotton btw. – since I’m vegan, and also since I just like cotton better as a material. Anyways, there are not only positives to those long braids. Here’s my list of pros and cons I’ve experienced with them so far:

Pros:

  • they just look cool
  • put you into the spotlight of attention basically anywhere you go
  • people will compliment on your hair (I get about 5 people per day telling me they like my hair)
  • they just give every outfit a special touch, especially if you already dress a little edgy
  • you save a lot of time when taking showers and doing the ‘hair care’
  • they last very long

Cons:

  • getting them takes ages
  • can’t wash them like normal hair
  • they get very heavy when they get wet
  • they disturb a little while sleeping, resting on your head
  • oils and sprays are a necessity to keep your hair hydrated
  • the number of hairstyles you can do with them is quite restricted



So this is just a quick list of things I experienced since I have them, although some of the pros listed do weigh more than the cons to me.
Another cool thing about these braids is that they can stay in your hair for up to 6 months! Well, I think I will remove mine before university starts at the end of september but this might not have been my last time getting them. :) 



Did you ever have braids or thought about getting them? 

xx Micky

P.S. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below - I’ll answer them asap.
SHARE:

39 comments

  1. I love your hair! To bad it takes 7 hr but it really was worth it. You look so edgy! You have a great blog, I'm following you now on gfc and g+. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too. Let's keep in touch!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)
      I'll check out your blog and follow you asap!

      Delete
  2. I think they look absolutely awesome! Really unique and different! Ohh and I love the name of your blog too! :)
    /Sara xxx

    www.saralindberg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow crazy hair but I like it ♥ :)

    xx - Violetta

    http://itsmevioletta.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so wonderful, even though your are pale :)

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow they really suit you! which lipstick are you wearing in your photos? it's gorgeous too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks & it's Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture

      Delete
  6. This is so cool and creative!! Love it !x

    https://stylekooky.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh you braids princess! <3 love the new look, you're totally rocking it girl ^_^

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow)))) your hairstyle is amazing!
    kisses from ukraine :-****

    maliovanka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very gorgeous style
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful in your hair dear ^__^ Unique styles are so fun

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look like a wonderful princess!

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you look great

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about the Amalficoast, Beijing, Miami...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love your hair!!!! nice blog!!!
    Would you like to follow each other? let me know...and I follow you back.
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... amazing hair!!!!
    Follow 4 follow?
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woow I love your hair, even the process took so long but the result is great! <3


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you look absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love it. suits you beautifully!
    I actually can imagine how heavy it must be.. but it looks amazing!
    Jade xo

    ReplyDelete

© Princess.From.Jupiter. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig