Wednesday 5 August 2015

Switzerland 2015



I just arrived back home a few days ago after my little trip to Switzerland to which my swiss friend Muriel invited me and it was so amazing!
I was really positively surprised by how friendly and helpful swiss people were- It turned out they are very generous, too - hahah. 
During my stay i basically went to each part of Switzerland, the german swiss, the french swiss and the italian swiss - I am so glad my friend who invited me has a car so the whole traveling around was quite convenient. It was surprising to see how architecture, culture and mentality of the people changed depending on the region they were living in although Switzerland is not a big country.

However, out of all those linguistically different regions I liked the italian Swiss the most, probably because with it’s palm trees and italian inhabitants it just felt most like a vacation for quite a northern person like me. 
We chose to travel to Lugano, which is located near a lake which is called Lugano as well, the food and houses were very italian, just like the people and if you wanna see a lot of expensive italian sports cars, this is the place to go for you! 
If you wanna grab a cocktail I found a bar called ‘seven’ best for this because they really make awesome cocktails! 

Here are some photos I took during our little journey; 




photos of (us in) Lugano, as you can see the architecture and atmosphere was very italian!
And for a moment the idea to just grab a backpack and tramp through italy crossed my mind and I thought about all the people I'd meet and all the things I'd discover on this spontaneous adventure but then reality had me back and I decided to focus on finishing my plate of pasta instead. 



Photos of (us in) Lucern, the architecture was quite french but the mentality of the people was rather german, not as grumpy though! :'D
We also did some fun things like driving up a mountain with the Quad and going for a horseback ride. 

The view during the Quad ride. It was so different to what I was used to seeing every day that I almost got a little angry at my friend for taking the beauty of the surrounding nature for so granted..
All over, I’d say Switzerland is a place I certainly do not regret going and would recommend everyone to visit at least once in their lifetime - it’s definitely very unique!

Vegan update: 
it’s only day 5 of my experiment but it has worked really well so far, I’ve even found that when eating out you can order pizza and stuff without the cheese and other animal products which makes it not too hard to find places that actually offer ‘vega’ foods. 

Since many shampoos and cosmetic products are often tested on animals, too, I wanna try to cut down on those as well during this month and see how long I could go without using any shampoo or conditioner for a while. 

Oh! And I've discovered this vegan bar which tastes just awesome and gives you nearly all the energy you need! - So if you're a vegan and wanna try it, look for this - maybe you can find it where you live! I've bought these in Switzerland..

PS.: All photos in this post are taken by me, if you'd like to use them, please ask for my permission first. 

I hope this post was able to give you a little insight into the small but very nice country of Switzerland and you enjoyed reading it. 

Where did you travel recently and did you like the experience?

xx ♡ Micky
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. So happy to hear the vegan thing is going well and AAH SWITZERLAND SOUNDS AMAZING! :) XOXO

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello you have a lovely blog!
    I have followed you :-)

    Monika | http://snapsnpixels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm gonna follow you back asap! :)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely trip! I would love to go to Switzerland ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really worth a visit, it was wonderful! :)

      Delete
  4. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous! You're so lucky to have gotten to really explore Switzerland- I've only been to Geneva, but I loved it and would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & yes, it's a wonderful country! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful place to visit love! Jelly that you can travel ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was :) You should take some time and travel around, too :D

      Delete
  6. You guys loook like you're having a blast! <3 love the architecture photos!

    Lauren xx | laurlauu . beauty . fashion . life . blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. good post!
    GFC you want to follow and keep in touch?
    let me know and I follow back!
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Switzerland sounds amazing!! I really like the architecture. :D Thanks for sharing Michelle! By the way I nominated you for the Liebster award. Check out my blog post to find out more. Have a nice week!

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you, I'll try to upload a post regarding that asap then! :)

      Delete
  9. Love your stunning photos of Switzerland! You two look so gorgeous and your complexions are amazing!! Must be that vegan diet….you have inspired me to try it again! I am now more of a vegetarian, but after reading your recent post I want to try it again for the sake of the animals and the planet! xo

    Kisses,

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm glad I did!
      & yes, I've actually noticed my skin become much better since I started living vegan! :)
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  10. I’ve been on holiday for the past month and have really been
    looking forward to reading your blog when I got back- it definitely didn’t
    disappoint! xx



    MAYBELLINE CLASSIC VOLUME EXPRESS WATERPROOF
    MASCARA SWATCHES

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that you had fun time there. Such trips give you satisfying experiences. I am also going to Los Angeles next week and looking for best Los Angeles venues for partying there. Do you know any?

    ReplyDelete

© Princess.From.Jupiter. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig